I help people and teams work better together and thrive amid uncertainty and change.
This page focuses on my organizational work. For 1:1 coaching, I wrote this page for you.
Below you can explore ways we might collaborate along with what people have said about working with me. To explore my past projects, go here.
I am a Design Strategist, Facilitator, and Coach.
I work on a selection of meaningful projects.
Principal at Humanity.
Creator of Clear Path Forward.
Creator of The Agency Freelancer Kit.
My work is intersectional:
Strategy + Design + Technology + People
People come to me for help with:
- Making decisions, identifying opportunities, and taking action
- Facilitating moments of clarity, insight, and focus
- Making sense of complex systems and environments
- Making progress by identifying clear paths forward
- Teaching people and teams to collaborate more effectively
- Facilitating creativity, innovation, and change
- Cultivating human-centered and entrepreneurial mindsets
- Coaching people and teams towards collective flourishing
Typically, my organizational work falls within these areas:
- Design Strategy and Research
- Journey Mapping and Insights Discovery
- Experience Design (customer, employee, patient, etc)
- Service and Program Design
- Product Strategy and Roadmapping
- Storytelling, Messaging, and Positioning
- Operations, Collaboration, and Team Effectiveness
- Change, Adaptation, and Evolution
- Coaching (for individuals, this page is for you)
For a brief overview of past projects I’ve contributed to, skim this!
I’m available to help you make progress, navigate uncertainty, and create change through:
- Consulting, coaching, and advising
- Facilitation, workshops, and programs
- Collaboration, partnership, and team embedding
Have an opportunity in mind for us to work together?
A glimpse of what it’s like to work with me
Mike knows how to read a room and carry a strategy session like few can, and that makes everyone’s work that much easier. I strongly recommend Mike.
—Xavier Hughes, Former Chief Innovation Officer for Obama Administration
I threw Mike into the depths of a complex industry and he powered right through to deliver real impact and a unique perspective to our team and our clients.
—Travis Cozzie, Associate Director of CX Strategy, MRM//McCANN
Mike’s ability to create a focused and collaborative environment resulted in a strategy session that produced more than I could have hoped for.
—Sylvester Mobley, Executive Director, Coded by Kids
Mike brought insight and support that helped me navigate a complex and challenging environment. We started coaching expecting to come up with a new role for me to present to management, and through coaching, ended up in a role transition better than the original goal.
—Dave Mox, Software Engineer
Mike is a thoughtful and adaptive facilitator who skillfully guided my team to explore fresh ways of thinking about our current project. Our full-day workshop was a highly productive and enjoyable day that led us to greater clarity and excitement about what’s ahead.
—Michaela Ahearn, Director of Creative Strategy and Integrated Communications, University of Pennsylvania
Our team left extremely energized and motivated to carry momentum forward. Mike was integral in the success of our 2018 planning.
—Shelby Zitelman, Co-Founder and CEO, Soom Foods
Mike is one of those people that brings out the best in others, individually and as a team. He is a strong facilitator, great listener, and provides useful insights and clarity to anything that is thrown his way. He’s sort of a Swiss Army Knife, with strong skills in bettering organizations, team leadership, experience design, and just as an exciting person to be around.
—Mike Katz, User Experience Lead, Hero Digital
Mike put together a great day of programming and delivered an excellent presentation to help our sales people become leaders in their space.
—Chris Corbett, VP of Sales and Marketing, CloudMine