So you’re at that point where you’re considering some outside help, eh?
You’ve come to the right place.
This page will teach you what it takes to gain clarity and untangle all those thoughts in your head so you can get back to making progress on what matters to you.
In order to do all that, though, it’s important we cover some foundational beliefs about human relationships, including:
- Why trust is critical for successful collaborations and partnerships
- What it takes to build trust—true, authentic, meaningful trust
- How you can accelerate the trust-building process
We’ll also cover what you can do to quickly and effectively:
- Gain clarity when things feel ambiguous and uncertain
- Discover insights that inform your decision making
- Craft a focused path forward that will help you create progress
“But,” you ask, “where do I even start?!”.
That’s a perfect question.
Enter: The Creative Jam Session
When musicians get together to jam, they each bring their own experiences, perspectives, styles, and skills into the room, and somehow (hopefully) end up creating magic.
When the jam gets going and the energy rises, relationships quickly deepen because we learn to trust one another’s skills, styles, and ways of collaborating.
Through the act of jamming—which is really just improvised collaboration between musicians—we almost see into each other’s souls and rapidly become connected on entirely new levels.
You might think this sounds a bit woo woo or hippie-dippie—and it might be, given we’re talking about musicians—but trust me when I say that I’ve spent my life participating in jam sessions among musicians, and now spend my professional life in creative jam sessions with people and teams of all shapes and sizes.
? The beauty of these creative jam sessions is that we get to know one another as human beings on significantly deeper and more meaningful levels than we ever would over a 45-minute coffee meeting.
Plus, we get to know one another professionally, as well, which helps us both decide if there is a shared desire to continue building relationships and deepening our collaboration.
Through the act of co-creation—which is what we do in jam sessions—we learn how each other thinks, listens, shares, acts, and engages.
You share your circumstances with me and I help you walk away with clarity, insights, and focus.
Trust: The Essential Ingredient
If you’re reading this, chances are you and I are in an early(ish) phase of building a relationship with one another—and relationships take time because trust takes time. You can’t simply establish trust overnight. It’s one of those laws of physics, I think. Or something like that.
The only way to build trust, really, is to experience enough positive interactions with a person that, over time, you come to think “I like this person!” and then you start to open up, get a bit vulnerable, and trust them.
And that can’t really be made instantaneous because there are just some things about the way humans operate that simply take time.
Trust building is one of those things.
What we can do is jump-start the trust-building process, so to speak.
We can spend a meaningful amount of time together—several hours, at least—and start to learn a few things about one another:
- How we each think about challenges, opportunities, and circumstances
- How we each approach those challenges, opportunities, and circumstances
- Whether we each feel respected, and whether that respect feels mutual
- How we each interact with one another and other human beings
- Whether we build energy and enjoy bouncing ideas around together
- Whether we both feel enough intrigue and desire to continue conversations and perhaps deepen collaboration
By spending time together in an immersive and meaningful way, we can each quickly establish a sense of understanding and intuition that will guide future interactions, relationships, and engagements.
Plus, you’ll leave with that clarity, insight, and focus, we’ve been talking about, AND a document full of takeaways, recommendations, and action steps you can immediately pursue.
Think about it like a jam session among musicians. Which, as a drummer, I’ve been enjoying all my life.
We’ll both leave with a sense of what it feels like to work together, which is a critical piece of information when deciding whether or not to further engage with someone.
By letting me guide you through thinking, discussing, and exploring ideas, without having to worry about note taking, idea capturing, and parsing through everything after the session, you free yourself—and the others you invite into the session—to be fully present and fully yourselves.
In these sessions I always provide enough structure so that we achieve what you want, while keeping things fluid enough that we can flex and adapt as desired.
How’s all this sounding to you?
Is it something you’d like to participate in?
What you’ll achieve through a Creative Jam Session:
- Gain new perspectives and strong understandings of the circumstances you’re navigating
- Begin to articulate what an ideal future state looks like for you, your team, and your organization
- Feel confident that you firmly grasp the situation at hand and know what’s needed to make informed decisions
- Identify the challenges, barriers, and opportunities surrounding the circumstances while making informed decisions that will help you navigate those circumstances
- Discover new possibilities by exercising your imagination while articulating and refining your vision for a better future state
- Explore, identify, and consider clear paths forward for investing time and resources into improving the current state while working towards your ideal future state
To achieve all that, you’ll follow these simple steps:
- We spend a few hours together to scope goals, objectives, and loosely co-design the session
- We participate in a full day creative jam session together with time split between discovery, exploration, and ideation
- After a few days, I’ll deliver a findings report summarizing the session output and documenting potential paths forward
From there, not only will you have all that clarity, insight, and focus, but we’ll both have significantly more information as to whether we would like to continue working together or not.
There’s no pressure either way—you’re encouraged to go your own way if that’s what feels right—so this is pure upside for both of us, really.
So… how’s all that sound?
Think you’d like to get together for a creative jam session?
You can start the ball rolling by either sending me info about yourself and what you’re working on, or scheduling time for us to have a conversation.
Clarity Jams typically cost between $2500 and $7500. If cost is of concern, please schedule a conversation and we can discuss options.